Cool up with basil
Here’s an easy and healthy popsicle recipe, featuring one of my favorite combo of ingredients– strawberries, basil and pine nuts. Let’s call this frozen treat the adult version of strawberry popsicles. Made with ripe August-strawberries and covered with strong dark chocolate, these refreshing non-dairy creations are necessity for the hot summer days. If you adore strawberries and basil as much as I do, you’ll love these delicious pops!
Ingredients for 4 popsicles:
- 400 gr ripe strawberries
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 300 gr vegan dark chocolate (bars)
- 50 gr pine nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
1. Hull and roughly chop the strawberries.
2. Put the strawberries, basil leaves and the powdered sugar into a bowl and blend together until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour the mixture into popsicle bar molds, place the sticks and freeze until completely solid.
4. Meanwhile melt the chopped chocolate via a water bath. If you don’t know how to do that, here is the description: http://bit.ly/1E7Rilh
5. Once it has melted add the coconut oil to the glaze and mix until everything is smooth.
6. Pour the melted chocolate into a tall glass and wait until it has cooled down.
7. After 4 hours of freezing remove popsicles from the freezer.
8. Now quickly dip each popsicle into the chocolate topping, turning it to coat.
Because of the coconut oil the chocolate topping will harden in seconds.
9. For extra flavour decorate the popsicles with roasted pine nuts. Make sure you add the pine nuts immediately after you took the popsicles out the chocolate topping. Otherwise the pine nuts won’t stick to the glaze.